At the current moment I am waiting for the bus to get back so I can get down to my base and check into my barracks. When i do I will snap some pics and show you the sweet living conditions that the single barracks marines live in.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Waiting
Well not much has changed so far. I'm still sitting in the JRC barracks waiting to head out to my squadron. I would say the theme for this week has been " Hurry up and wait" . Basically we are told we have to be at a certain place at a certain time and we better not be late. When we get there we end up sitting around for hours till we actually get to doing what we were sent there to do in the first place. For example we had to get to IPAC ( the administration centor for all you civilian folk ) so we could hurry and get our stuff done so we could be done by chow. Chow came and went and Marines were still there waiting. Most of us didn't even get back till evening chow. I on the other hand decided to take matters into my own hands and got my stuff done in a couple hours and was back snoozing in my rack in no time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's my man! Seeing a job that needs to be done and doing it without waiting to be told...good work! Can't wait to see the barrack pics...but I'm sure you'll have it kinda comfy in short order. Thanks for the update too.
Are you sure 2 years will go by fast. Cause right now just two weeks has seemed like forever. But I suppose once you get truely checked in to your barracks and with your unit things will start hopping.
Post a Comment