Thursday, August 28, 2008

I made it to Japan.


Well after like 30 hours of flying and sitting in airports I am here in Japan.   Its safe to say I was a little tired and looking forward to getting some sleep.  I am in the JRC barracks which is where all the single marines come for orientation and such when they get to the Island.   So far it has been nothing but formations to let everyone know when the next formation will be.  I've never understood why they think Marines need to stand in the shape of a rectangle just to hear when we need to form up again.  At least I get my own room cause I am an NCO and don't have to deal with some PFC fresh out of bootcamp asking a million questions.  Thats what the formations are also good for.  "CPL what is the fleet like?" "what are those wings on your camies for?" (thats the favorite question so far) I guess I can't blame them though cause I remember what is was like to have no idea what was going on when I went to my first duty station.

I didn't get to see much of actual japan yet.  It was night when I was driven from the airport to the base.  I felt like I was in a need for speed video game.  It was just lots of blue and red neon lights, crazy looking cars, guys on scooters all over the place, and us packed into a little tin can of a van ( which the duty driver drove like a corvette ).  Once I get out of JRC next week and get to the fleet I will be able to add some pictures and things for you all to see.



6 comments:

Courtney's Corner of the World said...

yay! welcome to the world of BLOOOOOGING! haha... I'm interested to hear about your time over there... ummm, and although you hate being asked questions, you're using lingo many of us don't know or would understand... so yeah, user friendly terms are always nice! how long are you going to be in Japan for?!
xoxo
your cuz

Leslierush said...

ya seriously bro...didn't know what half, no wait any of those CPF or NPO things meant. But I'm glad your safe and I'm excited to read up on your experiences over there. Miss you!

CJ Hitchborn said...

Hi Daren,
Thanks for the blog site. Glad you made it safely there to Okinawa. I was there only once back in about 1949 after the war. Didn't think I would ever want to go back. Glad you're doing OK- I know your Sgt rating will come thru pretty soon. We're very proud of you and glad we got to see you. Ashley is a "Keeper". Love, Grandpa & Grandma

Dad said...

Big D. Glad you made it. It was fun having you home. Saw Jeremy yesterday. Looks like things for JET will move forward now fairly quickly. When you get home we'll have a job waiting for you.
Dad

Kacey said...

Hi Daren...glad you made it to Japan safely and that we get to hear all about it now that you have a blog! Hooray!
Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Shae said...

cool blog. I'm glad you are doing this- It makes me feel like I'm in touch with your life a bit more.

Lovies!